Tuesday 6 November 2012

"Retro Hero" - James White x HERO Magazine.


 
 Retro Hero.

Models Danny Beauchamp and Dioni Tabbers take central focus in this retro style shoot for Hero magazine.

When I came across this shoot I was unsure why I was so drawn to it. In all honesty, I’m still not sure why… But I love it.

(Please not there is upcoming nudity ahead).

Wait! There is more. Click here to see the rest of shoot.

There isn’t really anything extra special about this shoot but I think that is one of the things I like. The idea and concept is simple but the styling of the photography and clothing is modern and current. (I mean I could quite happily walk round the streets of London wearing these looks).

I find the colours – warm and inviting and I get a real sense of a dated era surrounding them. Flashes of burgundy, the cool blue dressing grown, the yellow bathtub and the dark beech wood panelling create depth and texture but transport you to that dated era you meant to think of while looking at the images.

I think the concept of this shoot by James White or even the styling by Elgar Johnson wasn’t a challenge for these two professionals; but the simplicity of this shoot with the instantly noticeable impact, shows the keen eye and craftsmanship of these two tradesmen.

In ‘Retrospective’, a job well done.






My favourite look. Perectly adaptable to modern day fashion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...