Monday 3 December 2012

'Never is too much' - ODDA Magazine #3




'Never is too much' -  ODDA Magazine.

Last week I featured Sebastian Sauve as our “Male of Monday” and I was so grateful that he responded and liked the post. 
Seb also mentioned that the third issue of ODDA magazine was to be released this week (He is the Creative Director if you didn’t read the post!) and it got me quite excited to see what editorial stories would be featured. And I wasn’t to be disappointed.

 The editorial story called ‘Never is too much’ pays homage Gianni Versace with the Versace Spring/Summer 2013.
Photographed by Giovanni Squatriti and styled by David Martin the image are clean but full of life and colour with clever use of detail and finish.
Another key element I love about his shoot is the set design/art direction from Maria Ruz, I think it adds a beautiful, luxurious element that speaks the imminent message of Versace. Plus, it also flatters some strong styling by David Martin.

I think that Italian model Elia Cometti has been well casted for this shoot. 
With his boyish charm and refined image I believe it has captured the essence and followed suit with Versace’s model message from the runway.

Giovanni has captured some really great photos. 
The colour, detail and textured are not looked overlooked with each individual detail holding its own. From the crystal on the table, the texture of the rug and even the silk cushion in the ‘Stairway’ photograph all looking touchable and full of life.

And a well done to David Martin who has managed to sway my opinion on a collection I was 50/50 on through some great styling.

Beautifully created, attentive and so Versace.
Overall an awesome shoot, I look forward to reading the whole issue!


Model Elia Cometti
Photographer Giovanni Squatriti
Fashion Editor by David Martin
Feature: ODDA magazine #3
Art direction Maria Ruz
Makeup Artist Rachid Tahar
Photo assistance Lorenzo Fanfani & Michelangelo Loppo.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...